Monday, September 29, 2014

Oregon Coast

We stayed at a beautiful condo right on the ocean and it had an amazing view of the point where a lot of the whales come up to the shore.  We could walk out or look out and see a whale right from our back door.  Annette kept saying the line from Nemo, "you can pop your little head out and there's a whale"
We were in Depot Bay but close to Lincon City and Newport.  

We went to a very cool aquarium and were able to see sharks, and they had them in this amazing glass tunnel.   You could also see them threw the floor and it was crazy to see them all around you.  

The girls found the biggest slugs I have ever seen.  



We went to the outlets and the girls had a blast trying on clothes.  





Poor Chris was still not healed up enough to walk around so that limits how much you can do.  The beach was impossible and you can only walk so much with crutches.  Good thing he could find these handy wheelchairs.  





This was such a cute seal that was going back and forth playing with the girls in the glass.  







This is the first time I have ever saw a real octopus.  It was so creepy.  


They also had a pool that you could feel all the star fish, and barnacles and other cool things that live in the ocean.  




Cute little kids area for them to play, and catch fish.







SHARK!!!!














This was such a beautiful bridge in Newport.  We got to go over a couple really cool bridges on our drive to Oregon.  



We stopped at a really cool beach on the way home and it looked like the sand duns.  I think it may be that way because it is so windy.  

This is the devils punch bowl.  Such a cool place to go when the tide is down to go and find sea life. 





We were thinking it would be a little warmer because it was the end of July, but it was just cold enough that you wouldn't want to get in the water.  It might have been ok if the wind would have ever stopped.  But even without swimming we loved the beach and seeing all the cool sea creatures.  


It was so beautiful.  The pictures really don't do it justice at all.  I think it is the coolest place I have ever seen.  And of course Ryan was not there to see it with me.  I always want him to see something if I see something really cool or beautiful.  I really wish he could have made it on this trip.   

No comments: