Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mom's retirement party

My mom retired this year and is now doing whatever she wants.  Lucky duck.;)   It was the exact day that we were going to get home from our trip to Big Sky so it worked out nice to go straight to the party.  Only I really should have gone a lot earlier because I really should have helped get everything ready.  Chris, Annette, Cindy, Sara, and my dad did all the work and my mom was a little mad because she had no idea what was going on but was left at home with all the kids.  She did send my dad a text saying that maybe she had made a mistake and she shouldn't have retired after all…. she was feeling a little left out because she thought everyone was out playing without her…. Little did she know that they were all working hard to get her party ready.
Max is only 6 months old and he is already bigger than Chris's little girl Haley.  She is about five months older than Max and isn't small for her age…. Max is just a big little dude.  


They ended up having someone do the tables and chairs and they also rented a bouncy house to keep the kids busy during the party.  It was a blast and the kids all loved playing….. even the big kids (or dads) liked playing.




It was a beautiful party and it was a complete surprise for my mom.  She really had no idea that it was going on.  We all called her and told her that we were all going to meet at Chris's house and then go out to eat together.  So when she showed up and saw all her friends and family she was a little confused.  

My mom is a amazing women.  She is always going and working hard, and it is always for someone else.  She put 110% into her job and she really loved it and cared about it.  She does that with everything she does.  She also helps Chris out on every big event or order he has.  She is so good to help out anyone who needs it and is always willing to do whatever it takes to help someone out.  Now that both of my parents are retired, they are talking about getting ready to go on a mission in January.  I don't know how that is going to work out yet…. they are the glue that holds us all together and it is going to be so hard to not have them close.  I love my parents so much and I am so thankful for all that they do for me and my family.  


I talked my dad into coloring his hair…. but he was not so happy about it.  He has some idea in his head that it is going to make a funny line on his forehead or look way to dark.  That made me nervous so I didn't leave it on very long and it didn't go very dark.  I loved the way it looked and it made him look 20 years younger…. so we will see if he will let me keep it up or not.  He isn't all that in to these things and could care less I am sure. 


My kids love it when Chris floods his yard.  It has become a summertime tradition to go to his house and play in the water.  I don't know how in the world the kids can swim around in it because it is sooooo cold.  


I can not believe how old all my little nieces and nephews are getting.   Mike is huge and as you can see his feet are giant.    




Sara cracks me up.  She seems like she is so proper and so fancy and then she always says or does things that are so funny and just make you laugh so hard.  How in the world could you not love that face!!!!  She is the best!!!

No comments: