Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Birthday!!!!

My little Lizard has turned 10 years old.  I can not believe how amazing this little girl is.  She is so smart, sweet, beautiful, and just a great kid.  It was funny to go and talk to her teacher for meet the parents night.  She was telling me all about what they need to do through the year and said, "oh it isn't hard to do these reports, and they have three the have to do through the whole year, but I already have one student that has them done."  Then a little while latter Lizzy walked in and gave me a hug and kiss on the check, and she goes, "Oh, that is who has them done, so you don't have to worry about it."  It was of funny.  But Elizabeth has always been that way with school  She is self motivated and will get something done on her own without being asked to do it, and she does it before it is even due.  I love that about her, and it has made it way to easy for me…. She has been learning a lot about Idaho history this year and she can tell you all about it and loves all the cool little facts, and the state animals, and learning about the Indians.  


Elizabeth has been begging me for a Lizard ever sense she found one in St. George and then gave it to Mia.  I told her that if she could not chew her nails for a whole month that I would buy her one.  She made it three weeks…. and now that she has to start over it has been so hard for her.  But good thing I am a softy and it was her birthday.  So that is one of the gifts she got for her big day.  (Alexis was not happy about that at all…. she said that it wasn't fair because she has been asking for a bird forever and I never got her that)  Poor girl.  






Elizabeth was able to have one friend have a sleep over and it was her BFF Jaycee that just lives down the road from us.  They have so much fun together and get along great.  As a mom I am so thankful for good friends.  



The birthday cake.  I saw some really cool sugar sheets at Hobby Lobby and thought I would try it out.  Elizabeth was so cute the whole time I was making it.  She kept telling me that I really need to become a professional cake maker because I am so good at it.  I tried not to laugh because…. well just don't look to close at the cake.  But it was so cute and sweet anyway.  





This is the group of friends.  She had so much planned that we didn't get to do everything she wanted to do.  But first they played and ran around and then did just dance, then the piñata.  Then they did the cake and ice cream, then shoot bb guns at pop cans, and a bow and arrow at balloons.  (with the help of Ryan)  After that they did presents and it was already time for the parents to come pick the girls up.  They all really wanted to go swimming and I felt so bad, but what do you do.  







Elizabeth was so excited and had such a great time at her party.  She was so spoiled by everyone!



The day after the party we did some more concrete.  It was so much work, and as soon as we got it done we had to run kids to practice and soccer pictures.  As soon as I got back I noticed that a dumb rooster had walked all over the concrete.  I really wanted to go and find a shot gun and kill the dumb thing, but instead I had to help my father in law get it all fixed.  Oh yea, Denton is home!  We had a welcome home party and they kids were all over him like crazy.  They are all so happy to have him home!  Max doesn't really remember him yet and isn't acting like most of the baby's do with him at that age, but I am sure after a few days he will want grandpa instead of me like usual.  



Nerd day!  Alexis was the best nerd every.  I couldn't really even tell it was her.  She came up with the outfit all by herself.  I am so proud that she isn't one of those kids that are "to cool" to wear something like this to school.  She really gets into the spirit week and has so much fun dressing up for each day.  They had a fashion disaster and I wish I would have gotten a picture of it also.  It was so funny!


No comments: