Sunday, December 27, 2015

Salt Lake City

We took a fun trip to Salt Lake City to see the temple square christmas lights and hang out as a family.  We also meet Dads good friend Empy with his family there and walked around and talked with them.  It was so fun to see the beautiful lights and see the temple with the kids.  Ryan keeps saying that we need to start a family tradition with the kids and I think this should be it.  We had a lot of fun.  













I couldn't believe how cold it was walking around outside and how busy it was.  We went to go and eat and everywhere we went had a huge wait and so we just went to the mall food court.  We ate and then found this cute little play area for the kids to play around in while we talked some more with Ryan's friends.  







Max was over tired and was very wired.  He really loved the egg and if anyone would get in it besides him he would pull them out and and or growl at them.  He was being so funny, but wasn't really acting like him self  I think it had something to do with not really getting a nap and being up past 10.  















We stayed in a hotel that had a 24 hour pool so the kids were so excited to go swimming as soon as we got there even thought it was 11.  We all went for a little while but I only stayed for about 20 min with Max.  They all had a blast and we were all so tired we slept in the next day to 9.  It was great.
While we were in SLC I was able to go and see my Friend Sadie.  I was so happy to see her and it made me feel so much better to know that she was still doing well, and looked amazing as always.  She was so positive and just the same ole Sadie.  She talked about how she felt so bad that she was being so spoiled with kindness when she knows that everyone has trials and just because her trial is something that everyone can see and is a hard trial it was hard for her to accept when she knows that everyone else is also going through their own trials and may also need help.  I had to hold back tears because I knew what she was saying but at the same time I feel like her trial is one worth people reaching out and doing nice things for her.  She is such an amazing person and I love her so much.  She really is AMAZING.
On our way home from SLC we were blessed in so many ways.  The roads were horrible, and it was raining and so slushy and I noticed that our flat tire light had come on.  But we didn't stop to check it until Brigham city.  We were so lucky we didn't have something happen on the highway and that we made it that far because we found out we had a screw in our tire which gave us a flat.  We stopped at Walmart and had it fixed before we went to rest of the way home.  I called the hotel we stayed at because they were doing construction and let them know that they must have nails and screws in their parking lot and they were nice and ended up giving us our room for free.
As soon as we got home Ryan and I had to drop the kids off and then run back to Logan to go to a Game night a Chases house.  It was just for adults and it was a lot of fun.  I love getting to spend time with our family at this time of the year and getting to play games are so much fun.  

This last sunday Adison came up and gave this to Ryan.  She said, "The top picture is the stable, the far left picture is baby Jesus, the next one is Mary, and this is Joseph and these other two are the Leopards"   the way she said it was so cute.  She is such a fun girl.   

No comments: