Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas!

I love Christmas.  Not because of the gifts or anything but just the spirit of Christmas and all the fun things we get to do with our family.  I also love to see the look on my kids faces when they get to open presents.  They had a good Christmas this year and It was such a great day.  And even better, no one was throwing up this year!!!



I asked each of the girls what their favorite gift was and Alexis said hers was her bedspread and paint.  

Brytlee loves beanie boo's and she was in heaven with all the new ones she got this year.  Her favorite gift was a giant beanie boo. 

Lizzy said her favorite gift was her art set.  Her main present from Ryan and I was suppose to be her new room but we are a little slow and it still isn't done.  

Adison said her favorite gift was her elsa ice castle.  She did love all her beanie boo's she got also.  She wants to be just like her big sister Brytlee.  

One of my favorite parts of Christmas was that Ryan made a great breakfast for us all.  He kept talking about wanting to start a tradition for christmas and I think we found one.  


Alexis in her new Christmas shirt.  Look how beautiful her eyes look.  This picture has no filter and is all natural.  She is a beauty!!!

Our family got the game pie in the face.  It was fun but a big mess. 

Grandpa figured out the way you should do it.  It was funny because it all went in his mouth.   



Alexis was way to excited to wait to paint her room and wanted it done as soon as we were done opening presents.  She was so sick of the brown and was so happy to see it leave.  I didn't mind it but whatever makes her happy.  

It turned out so cute!!!

Elizabeth loves her doll and loves the matching outfit that her and her doll got.  She is such a sweet girl!

When Christmas is over I do get a little sad.  I always take the tree down the day of or the day after Christmas.  I just feel so weird having it up with nothing under it and there is nothing else to look forward to.  It is always nice to have it cleaned up also.  I enjoy getting my house cleaned up.  I am so thankful for such a great experience with my family and friends this season.  I have so much to be thankful for and I am so lucky to be the mom of these great kids and have all the people I love around me.  I do miss my parents but know that they are doing much better things this year.  They are such great examples to me.  I am so thankful for them and all they do for me and all the blessings that we receive because of them.  I do know that they are sending blessings our way!!!  It was so good to see them on FaceTime this year and get to talk to them on Christmas day.  It does make me homesick for them, but it felt like they were still home and good to see them.
I am so thankful for all I have and so thankful for a wonderful Christmas.  

No comments: