Saturday, July 18, 2015

Temple Girls

I have always talked about going to the temple at least once a month with Lex or getting a group of girls together that would want to carpool or doing something so Alexis could get more time in the temple.  But I have been so bad and this is the first time I have gone with her.  I called a few friends for her to go with her and no one could go so It was just the two of us.  

As soon as we got to the Temple I pulled out my recommend and noticed that it had expired 15 days ago.... I was so sad.  I told Alexis that she would have to do it alone and I would just watch.  When we got in the guy was so sweet and just told me to call someone in the bishopric and they would let me in.  I asked him if my husband could do it because he was in the bishopric and he just kinda laughed.   I was so glad that I was able to go with her.  

It was such a neat experience to be in the temple with my daughter.  I was so filled with happiness and the spirit that I couldn't help but cry.  I have not done baptisms sense I was a teen so I had forgotten everything I was suppose to do.  It was funny to have Alexis showing me around and telling me how to do everything.  




It really was such a great experience to go to the temple with my daughter and I look forward to doing it a lot more.  I am so thankful for the gospel and for the joy it brings into our lives and blessings it gives our family.  I was so touched when they gave us the blessings and said, "receive the holy ghost"  I just imagined not having the holy ghost for your entire life and then finally receiving it after you were dead and what a powerful feeling it must be.  I could not imagine living without the gift of the holy ghost in my life and I am so thankful that I have the blessing of having it with me always.  It is such a comforting feeling and something I love to feel.   Temples are amazing and I am so thankful I can do my part to help.  



No comments: