Friday, July 17, 2015

Family Time

We were able to take a trip to Idaho Falls this summer for the first time in forever.  I feel like I have not been sense my parents left on their mission.  (I don't think I have.....)  My Uncle Brent was baptized and my Grandpa was able to baptize him.  It was such a amazing thing to witness and be apart of.  It has been such a blessing for my Uncle to make it as far as he has with his heath and with the church.  I am so grateful he is where he is today and he is doing so well.   It really is a miracle.   It was so neat to see my Grandpa Baptize my Uncle and it be his own son that he baptized for the first time.  It was so funny when we were waiting everyone talked and bore their testimonies and Nancy said, "my dad was so scared and so nervous that I kinda felt bad, but then when I really thought about it I realized he deserved it."  It was cute.  My Grandparents are going to be sealed to their family this next month and my parents will be home for a few days for that.  I am so excited for my Grandma!!  This is something she has wanted her entire life and her dream is about to come true.  And I am so excited to see my parents.  

We drove the truck to Idaho falls and we didn't have anything to entertain the little kids on the way.  Adison took a million pictures on my phone and colored for a while.  I loved the picture she took of Max sleeping and all the selfies.  






Such a happy boy in the car.


I love all the cute faces this little boy makes.  


 This is one of my favorites

Adison had so much fun playing with the girls.  She loves her cousin Jossy and always talks about her and wants to play with her. 

When Rob came home from work Adison yelled, "Hey, my name is Addi, and I have a wart."  It was so funny.  She knows that Rob knows how to get rid of warts so I guess that was on her mind.  She had a huge wart and it was getting bigger and bigger and wasn't going away, even after putting acid on it and shaving it down for a very long time.  I was so sad to have Rob get it out because Adison was not happy about it and I had to sit on her to hold her still.  It was so deep and had a ton of seeds in it.  When Rob got rid of Alexis's wart it was just one huge white pearl inside of it and it kind of popped out.  Adiosn had like 12 white pearls inside hers and we were not sure if they were all gone because it started to bleed and was hard to see.  After she was done she calmed down and then even told Rob thanks for helping get rid or the wart and then went and played.  She hasn't even complained about it at all... I just pray that it is gone.  

We were going to go home the next day, but it was the Merrill Family Reunion.  I had not planned on going because Alexis and Elizabeth both had sports practice and games that they had to stay home for.  I felt so bad leaving them and knew they would be so mad at me if I went the the Reunion without them.  But Annette talked me into going up with them and I am really glad I did.  It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast.  I just wish I could have stayed for the whole thing.  

They played hungry hippos (life size) and that was a lot of fun.  Max was great at grabbing the balloons for us ... 



Max had no fear and I think if I would have let him, he would have gone down the slide all by himself.  


He loved the ball on the tether ball game. 



It was so beautiful and such great weather.  West piney is really an amazing place to go for our reunions.  






Andy brought the potato guns and shot the candy out of them to carry on the tradition from my dad.  



Justin brought up his horses again and my kids loved that.  They want a horse so bad and felt like little cowgirls getting to ride them.  




I got to ride the horse with Max also and I felt a little huge trying to get on the saddle..... plus  that morning I went down the slide with Max and caught some air or something and did something to my tailbone and it made a pop sound and everything.  It has been three weeks and it still is killing me.... 


My Grandma loves all her family and is always so happy when she sees us.  I am so glad that she still wants us all to be together and puts such a big effort into putting the reunion together each year.  It is sometimes hard to put everything aside and go for a weekend, but I am always glad I did after I go.  


No comments: