Monday, November 3, 2014

new pup

We have a lot of fields around us, and are in the city, but really more in the country which means me get a lot of deer in our yard.  The sound of that is cool, but what they do to our yard is not.   In the past four years we have planted six new tree's and they have eaten every single one down to a stub.  We have planted three new fruit trees and they have tried to eat them but we have put plastic on them and chicken wire around them and got them stopped before the tree's died. Well now it is fall and the deer are coming into the yard really bad and now they are eating our tree's that are not new.  That isn't very common for the deer but they will do it.  They have for sure killed one apple tree, and have eaten half of a plum tree, and they have just started on another apple tree.  It makes me so mad and I am so sick about it.  I love all the fruit we get from our tree's in the summer and don't want any of them dead.  I can walk around to each tree and see bite marks on each tree and other spots they have rubbed the horns on them.  In the past our renters have had dogs so I thought that might be why they are coming into the orchard now.  Sooooooo


We got a puppy.  We don't have a name for sure yet but we like Zowy, or Espn.  I am not a dog person and I am still a little nervous about having a dog, but my girls are all in heaven.  If it keeps the deer out of our yard then I will know it was a good choice.  



This is the other reason I don't really like dogs….. they bite.  So while I was at this lady's house picking out our puppy the mom dog bit Max.  I was so mad and the more I think about it the more upset I get.  She wasn't very nice about it and didn't even apologize.  I was kneeling on the ground looking at three or four puppies and Max was on my lap when the mom dog walked up beside us and just made a fast move with a snap.  I wasn't sure what she did until Max started to shake and I could feel him holding his breath.  When I turned him around and saw this spot on his nose I freaked out and said, "your dog just bit my baby!"  The lady was so weird and said, "no, she would never do that."  (instead of I am SORRY)  I said, "I saw her just walk by us and she just nipped at him."  She just kept saying "her dog wouldn't do that'  so I just told her that I needed to clean it out and asked her to get us something for that.  Even when we left she didn't act like she felt bad about it.  The next day it was so red that I messaged her and asked if her dog had it's shots and was caught up on everything.  She replied and said that her son had been bit and he was fine so there shouldn't be any problems……  some people are so weird.  "my dog would never do that…. but it did bit my son a while ago… ha"  
But my kids are in love, and I hope that with some training we can help this puppy be a good dog.  I just pray it doesn't bark all the time and be annoying like some dogs.  

No comments: