Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Young Women

Ryan wanted to make donuts again because he didn't even get to eat one the night he made them for the trunk or treat  so I put a double batch in before I left for church and when I came back it was a huge mess…   It is a good thing he is worth it :)


We went out to Ryan's parents house and had a party with a lot of food. Chris had given us some shrimp and they were amazing and delicious and then we had a lot of salads and our donuts.  

Alexis had a young women in Excellence night and they wanted them to stand out and look like stars.  So they all needed to wear a formal dress.  I was so glad that someone in our ward had a daughter the same size of Alexis so we could borrow a dress from them.  

this one was cute on her, but didn't fit that great in the shoulders.   

This dress was perfect and looked so beautiful on her.  We were a little sad that it wasn't as modest as the other one.






we thought if we put her hair down it would cover up the back a little and not look so revealing.  She looked and felt so beautiful and it was so fun to see her so happy.  


All the girls.  Most of them are beehives.  We don't have a very big young women's



this part was a little hard to watch.  I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes when Ryan walked her to the front of the room.  I just can not believe how grown up my baby is getting.  


Alexis played a christmas song and she did great!  I wish she had  a lot more time to practice her violin because I think she could be amazing on it.  She does really well with it and enjoys playing . I hope she can keep it up because I love watching her play.





She is so beautiful inside and out.  I am so proud of her and all that she does and I am so thankful for Alexis!  She is amazing and I love her so much!!!




And here is the girl I know!  She is so silly and a goof just like her momma

Mindy and I were the ones who did the girls hair for the night.  They all looked so pretty and it was fun to play with some hair.  (and as you can tell in the picture I chopped all of my hair off)  I don't know if I love it and will keep it this way, but I just needed a change and thought why not.  It is only hair and it will grow back some day.  It does feel nice and takes less time to style.  I do miss pulling it out of my face when I clean the house though.  

No comments: