Alexis came home for school telling me stories about some girls in the bathroom... saying the saw a ghost, and that it would open the doors with a big gust of wind, and then scratch you when you were going to the bathroom.... And that if you looked in the mirror you could see the ghost. I tried to tell her it wasn't real, and this is how that all went down..
Me, "you know that they are kidding right"
her, "then how did the door open"?
Me,"Some one probably kicked it open and then ran off"
her, "then how did the girl get a scratch"?
Me, "she probably scratched herself"
her, "no, it is real"
Me, "no it is not"
her, "the kids say it is real"
Me, "Lexy, It isn't real"
and then she just walked away shaking her head, like I don't know anything, and I have never been to school and so I would never understand....
So really though, do you all remember this kind of stuff at school? If you say bloody Mary in the mirror three times with the lights off, she will show up in the mirror.... OHHHHHHWWW
6 comments:
I can't believe those stupid stories start that early!! I love how our kids think we are idiots when it comes to stuff like this! And I love the story about seing the dead people...soo funny!
Yes, I remember that!!! And I can't believe she is already learning that stuff! Why do they have to grow up so fast?? Your stories are so funny! I just picture your cute little kids, and it cracks me up! :)
You know I was going to the bathroom in the middle of the night a few weeks ago so of course it is dark and I thought about bloody mary I of course wouldn't look in the mirror. That always freaked me out when I was younger maybe it still does:) I was wondering if my kids would hear that story I'm sad it had started so young for her. I was always so scared to use the bathroom, I hope she wont be traumatized by it like I was.
I was one of those kids who got suckered into the story at that age. I remember hearing about Bloody Mary while at the Pioneer School. Of course several girls tried it. I was always afraid not of the ghost, but more of doing something of "the devil". (that is what my little mind thought anyway) Now I realize it is all stupid, but I guess we have to teach our little ones to not participate in junk like that anyway. I did laugh though that she shook her head at you. My 7 year old is doing the same think. I hear all of the time, "Mom, you don't know." I guess since I turned a whole 29 I am old now.
I totally remember playing "Bloody Mary" at my friend's birthday party at Pizza Hut, of all places, when I was like 9. I swear I saw her too!!!! Dang that Pizza Hut and it's red lighting!!!
I remember playing that game with you at school! It's crazy watching our kids go through the same things we did. I love the shaking of the head; Brig does that to me all the time! I guess DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince knew what they were talking about...parents just don't understand. :)
Post a Comment