Tuesday, August 11, 2015

put a pin in it

I can not remember if I told the story about when Max put a pin in his ear or not... so I am going to tell it.  We were all down in the basement cleaning up and I was vacuuming.  My girls hang a lot of their school work/artwork on the walls down stairs with my sewing pins.  I saw one on the floor and so I picked it up so I didn't run it over with the vacuum.  I put it on the ping pong table and as soon as I did a thought came to me that I should put it in the middle where Max can't reach it.  But I didn't listen and just kept vacuuming.  A few minutes later Max was running around screaming.  I looked at the table and the pin was gone.  My first though was that he put it in his mouth and swallowed it or something.  Then his one hand kept brushing his ear over and over so I looked inside his ear and saw a silver pin.  I went to grab it but it was so far in that my finger just bumped it and pushed it in more.  The point of the pin was inside his ear so I didn't want to push it more so I grabbed a pair of tweezers and held him down and got the pin out.  He was really upset and I was so nervous that he put the pin through his eardrum that I ran him to the doctors office.  The doctor checked his ear and said that there was a little blood behind the eardrum but he missed it and everything was going to be alright.  I was so glad and so mad at myself for not listening to the thought I had.  I know it was the holy ghost telling me what to do and I just was in a hurry to get things clean..... I think as a mom I need to remember to slow down and always put my kids before a messy house or THINGS>.... they are not important and they can wait but my kids can not.  It is so funny that I have had a few experiences with the holy ghost like this and not listened.... it is almost like I have expected a mans voice or something and it surprises me that it is always more of a thought or my own voice in my head that I hear.  


So glad this little boy is ok, and hope that his run of bad luck will come to an end.  He is always falling and bumping his head or doing something to get bumps and cuts.  He has been really bad with misquito bits this summer and has learned how to itch them.  He will itch them so bad that they are bloody and just a  big hole.  Then he likes to pick the scab and just will not leave them alone.  I had to put new skin on them so he wouldn't get big scars.  


Elizabeth has been working with Ryan a lot this summer and so has Alexis.  They both love to complain about working but they end up happy in the end.  I am so impressed that they can put together lights now and know how to wire them and check them to see if they work.  It is so nice to have a husband that will teach them and is willing to let them work even thought it would be so much easier to just do it himself sometimes.  I find that with just cleaning the house also.  It is way faster and easier to just do it myself , but I want my kids to know how to take care of a house and have the responsibility of doing chores.  

Max is such a fun boy and he is happy most of the time.  He just brings so much joy and love into our home and we love him to pieces.  He has started to growl and laugh really deep and it is so funny.  I jumped out and scared him the other day and he just growled at me and I couldn't stop laughing.  He is so much fun.  


No comments: