Monday, August 3, 2015

Animal drama

I swear we have the worst luck with animals.  So we have had our dog zoe for almost a year and she is still so happy and has ALOT of energy.  She is great with the kids and loves to play with them but she is not so great with other animals.  She has killed a few of our chickens and just the other day attacked our neighbors goat.  It was the worst thing to watch a dog just go after a goat like she did and she was not going to let go.  It really freaked me out and I was so ready to get rid of her that day.  When I saw her attack, it reminded me of a wolf or a dangerous animal and that isn't what I want around my kids.  But then as soon as she was not around the goat she was back to being her sweet self.  She has always been great with all my kids and has never  been aggressive with them at all.  But do I really want to take the chance of her snapping and going after a kid like she did the goat..... I don't know what to do.  Ryan has been working with her and we have been watching her very close to see how she acts.  

There was a airshow on Saturday and we went for a little while and the kids found seven baby kittens that were abandoned.  They had to crawl in this dirty area of the airport to get them but they were so excited.  

When we got home the kids played with them and named all of them and they were feeding them when Ryan let Zoe out of her cage and she ran right over to the kittens and grabbed on and just shook it in her mouth for a few seconds..... The kitten died as soon as she let it go and the girls were all so traumatized and just balled their eyes out.  Ryan was so mad at the dog and I was not sure what he was going to do with her at that point..... He let her know that what she did was wrong and put a little fear in her.  The girls are all so afraid to leave the kittens alone now because they don't want anything to happen to them.  UHhhhhhh  it has been so crazy


Alexis was outside and found this cool little bird.  I thought it was a pet but then when we looked it up we saw that it was a normal little bird.  It was a cool little bird and the girls put it in a cage and took care of it for a couple of days and gave it bird seeds and water.  When we let it go we noticed it flew into the walnut tree in front and saw that there was a bunch of blue birds just like it.  We were glad that it could be with its family again.
Another one of the baby kittens got sick with something and died yesterday and the girls were so sad.  We couldn't get it to eat and it kept throwing up.  We are down to just five kittens and I told the girls that we are getting ride of them soon.... I don't think it would be smart to keep them with our dog and have to worry about them turning into a chew toy.  

No comments: