Sunday, July 27, 2008

I need help... speak any english?

I am starting to feel like I am the worst mom in the world.... what is up with my kids all getting sick.... and not just sick, and then feel better in a few day's.... weird funky crap that hurts, and last forever.....
I have no idea what to do.... I took Brytlee to a Nurse Practitioner's Office this Saturday because my doctors office was closed, and she had to pull out a book to try and figure out what this is on her tongue..... So she gave her a prescription, and when we went to pick it up I showed the Pharmacist and asked him what he thought, and he said it was Yeast..... and gave her something different than what the other person prescribed...... so I don't really feel any better about the whole thing, and she isn't happy about it either. So if anyone has any clue what this is or what it looks like, let me know..... I am going to take her in to the doc. tomorrow. Or I might just take a trip to the hospital.... we will see how bad it bugs me.

6 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Poor little thing! I showed my husband who, mind you, is only a second year med student, but he said it looked like an oral yeast infection. If you want, you can look up photos of similar cases on google or web md. Junie had thrush (an oral yeast infection) when she was a newborn and it looked a lot like that only it was further back on her tongue. Have your other girls had the same thing? I hope you guys get feeling better soon, and Kolby said if it were him, he would take her to the doctor just to be sure. Good luck.

Sharie said...

That's what I was thinking...like thrush or something??? I hope she gets feeling better:(

cortnieb said...

Oh my gosh!! poor little thing!! After 5 yrs in the dental field I can tell you that it is def. an oral yeast infection, and I heard they are quite painful! I am soo sorry! I hope it goes away fast!!

Camille said...

So- I have never commented on your blog before, but must admit peeking in! On this subject however, I must give my 2 cents!
My daughter had thrush (same as oral yeast infection)- it looked VERY similar- the prescription the doc. gave me didn't work well or quickly. The ONLY thing that cleared it up & fast was a over-the-counter dye called Gentian Violet (google it & you will see). It clears it up fast! BUT, her mouth will look like she sucked on a blue marker! AND, the dye stains anything- but seriously, nothing works better.
Good luck!
Camille (Poulter)

Robison's said...

I'm sorry that she is sick. It looks like it hurts really bad. Hopefully you will be able to figure out what has caused this and why its spread from Elizabeth to Brytlee. I feel like I havent' checked out your blog forever I had to scroll all the way down, I the pictures of you and Ryan dating. It seems like so long ago and you look so youn. Jordan and I just had our eighth anniversary yesterday. Time sure flies. I really love the hanging upside down with Alexa. You look so good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,
Just checking out your blog, and I would definitely agree that that is an oral yeast infection. I had something similiar about four years ago, and went to the dermatologist for it. It ended up being a freak virus, but that looks like the pics I have seen while researching. Hope she is doing better.