Thursday, June 5, 2008

Alexis's 6th Birthday

Alexis is now six years old! She had a birthday party with her cousin Conner the day before her birthday at the swimming pool. It was a great day for her and she was very spoiled. She got the cute outfit she has on from Grandma Merrill, and she wants to wear it every day.
We had another party for her when we got home at Ryan's parents house.
She is so excited, can you tell?
She loves Strawberry Shortcake, so we made her hat for her birthday cake!
She helped me make the cake, and was a great little helper!
Time for the birthday song
We always take a bite out of the cake after we blow out the candles.
Yummy

We had a fish pinyhata, and it was great. Instead of breaking the whole thing open, the mouth came open, and every time you hit, candy would come out of the mouth. So each kid took a turn and whatever candy came out, they kept.


Alexis got these for her birthday, and Brytlee loved them. She has worn them around all morning today.
The Pinyata (I don't know how to spell pinyata and, spell check didn't either....

8 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I love, love, love that cake! And Alexis looks adorable in her new outfit! I hope she had a great birthday! I can't believe you have a six-year-old! I suppose it shows us how fast our kids really grow up! And I though childhood just drug on and on!!! Your family is so good at making great memories and enjoying every moment! By the way, pinata is how you spell it, except the "n" has a little squiggle over it and I'm not sure how to you do that on the computer. It's another letter in the spanish alphabet. But I think your way is how you would spell it in english, so I wouldn't worry about it!

also known as shell said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE CAKE LOOOOOOOOOOVE! LOVE! IT! Awesome.

I want to eat a bite!

Happy Birthday to such a cute girl. it looks like you had a great time.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Go Jill! What a cute cake! Looks like so much fun, you harris's sure know how to party!!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Seriously...how in the heck do you think of making a hat birthday cake? I have so much to learn from you! :) What a fun birthday party! The pinata looks fun too. Happy Birthday Alexis!

Tiff and Dave said...

Happy Birthday Alexis! Darling cake Jill....way to be creative! Looks like you had a fun little party!

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

Very cute cake Jill!! Sorry I missed the party here. Looks like she had a good birthday I cant believe she is six!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

what a beutiful cake! Your super talented and such a fun mommy!

Liza said...

Should we start calling you Ms. Betty Crocker! That cake is DARLING! I am drooling just looking at the pictures! :D I hope she had a Happy Day!