Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Merrill Family Reunion

 Me and the girls were able to make it to our yearly Merrill Family Reunion up at West Piney girls camp.  But as my girls would call it.  "the cougar place".  I told them the first year we went there that they couldn't go off alone and to always stay in a group because they had seen cougars there before.   And that scared the pants of them for years and years.
 They all loved the slide and I really don't know how they ran up the stairs as many times they did.  I went up and down with Adison maybe ten times the whole time we were there and my legs were spent. 
 Adison loved being outside doing all that there was to do.  She is such a big girl and can swing on a big swing now. 
 We went for a little ride to a place that you can pick huckleberry's and all the grand kids were piled in the back of the truck....

 Summer taught Adison how to smell the flowers.  It was really cute. 
 I had to put these pictures on because I think they are by far the best pictures of me I have EVER seen!

 As I was walking down the hill.... I fell, but turned out to be a photo op...
 I have the cutest parents ever.  My girls adore them and love to hang out with them.  Brytlee and Adison are my dads little shadows.

 I am not sure what face Adison is making but it is funny. 
 I can alway's count on Brad to make us laugh!

 Lex looks pretty good in those also.
 My Dad brought up his potato gun and instead of putting potato's in it he put candy in it and launched it up in the air for the kids to go and find.  It was so cool.
 see all the candy in the air
 And then the kids going wild
 We were all having lunch when we noticed the two female moose having a drink in the stream... I was glad that none of our family was down below while they were there.

 Adison was kinda a bully to all the other little kids that were at the party.  I think she felt like she was the boss or something because she was bigger than them....
 The girls REALLY want to go on a hike the whole time we were there so we went on a little one that was sooooo beautiful.  The girls and boys all picked flowers along the way.   (I love this picture.   The little sad face of Liz and then the two little cheese-rs)




 We played minute to win it and my dad had us all laughing so hard.  He had to get the ping pong balls out of the box in a minute.  It was great.  Alexis also played and she was doing all sorts of tricks to get the balls out. 









 Lex made a new friend Sam.  They had  a lot of fun together

 Jex blew up the balloon that Alexis is holding and it was so huge.  He loved it and played with it so cute until it popped.  He was not happy about it.

 This picture cracks me up.... Annette and I last year never put makeup on or tried to hard to look very nice and when we got home there was a bunch of pictures on facebook of us looking...... really ugly so this year she made sure she got ready and looked her best for pictures.  (I still didn't get ready or shower the whole weekend....)

While we were up at the reunion it was my Grandma and Grandpa's wedding anniversary.  It was a really sad day for her and we had given her a card that said thank you for all the hard work she had done and on the front of the card were red roses.  She got tears in her eyes and said that Grandpa always gave her red roses for their anniversary.  Then she said that no matter what, love never dies.  Later that day my dad suprised my grandma with a dozen red roses and it was such a tender moment.  I couldn't help but cry when I saw tears in my dads eye's and then tears in my Grandma's eyes. 
We had a lot of fun this year staying up late playing games, eating yummy food, and it was so nice to get to be with all the family's and see how everyone has grown and changed.  I feel very blessed to be apart of such wonderful family's. 

No comments: