Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Girls Rooms

We are finally getting things all put together in the girls rooms. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I was not in the mood to decorate or hang things on the wall for so long, but that is over and now I am on a crafty kick! I love the way Alexis's room turned out. My amazing, awesome, sweet, cool brother Greg built her cute books shelves around her window for us. And we are still just finishing some final touches to the bench seat and then her room with be all done!!!!
I had a extra pillow case for Alexis and Elizabeth's bed sets so I cut them up and made the round pillows that you see on their beds. I was so proud of myself and thought they turned out so cute.
Elizabeth's room.
I made her cute little pillow two times. The first time I was at my sisters house and I spent a couple hours on it and when I got home and put it on her bed it just didn't look right. So I looked at my friends that she had done, and I had put the ruffles on the wrong way. (they were facing in instead of out....) so I re-did it and It looks much better.
I found this cute lamp at a yard sale, and so I thought it would be fun to spray paint and glaze.
I also found this cute book shelf/dresser at a yard sale, and I think it is just what her room needed!
Brytlee's room!
I also made her a pillow and I did hers a little different. Instead of sewing each end, I folded it in half so it was a little puffier.
Her room looks so much bigger now that the queen size bed is out of her room. I also found all of her furniture at the same yard sale that I got Elizabeths dresser. I think I payed 50 bucks for the whole set. (bed frame, dresser/bookshelf, makeup thing, and it also had a toybox! That was a great find)

Oh and the cute little chair for her mirror/makeup thing, I plan on taking the legs of and putting longer ones on. (and I also found that at a yard sale for only three dollars.)

1 comment: