Saturday, November 2, 2013

first day of school

The girls were so excited for school to start this year.  They all have very good teachers and get to be in class with some of their friends.  Brytlee is in the first grade this year and her teacher is Mrs. Jensen.  She is doing very well and her teacher tells me that she is very smart.  She has all A's, she is reading very well, and is good about doing her homework and other work that she needs to get done. 
Elizabeth is in the third grad this year, and her teacher is Mrs. Bayles.  She really loves school, and loves her teacher.  One of her best friends is in her class and she was very happy about that.  She is doing really well in all the subjects and also has all A's.  She loves to come home and relax after school so she usually does her homework at school or on the bus before she gets home. 
I had to take the first day pictures on the second day of school because I could not find our camera anywhere and kept blaming Ryan for leaving it in the dash of his truck and letting it get stolen.  I ended up finding it in my bag from camping... so this picture was one day late, but they still all look adorable and excited for school to start.
Alexis started Jr. High this year and is in the 6th grade this year.  I feel like it is so early to be in Jr. High already but she was very excited about it.  I went with her to find all her classes and her locker before school started and I was so nervous that she would never get her locker combination down... but she can do it like a champ now and is getting to all her classes without a problem.  A few of them are as far away from each other as you can get but she has been just fine.  Alexis is a very hard working student and does her best work in all she does.  She had  a hard time in her Technology class this year, but with a lot of hard work she did great and was glad to be done with it and move on to P.E.  I swear a lot of the work that she is doing in the 6th grade is harder than what I had to do in 9th grade.  They are starting these kids so much earlier on everything and these kids are just getting smarter and smarter.   Alexis does have to work really hard in math and she is very blessed to have a dad that is great at math and can help her to understand it.  I don't feel like her teacher this year is the kind of teacher that she really can get things from, so he usually has to help her understand it after she gets home from school.   I was so heartbroken last week when she had worked so hard on studying for a test and had it down so great and felt like she got a great grade on her test, and then come to find out she got a C.... It was such a hard thing to watch her go from feeling like she got it to being so crushed.  She cried and cried and felt so bad.  But I just had to tell her that I was still very proud of her because I know she did her best and worked very hard on her test.  Math is just a really hard subject.... especially when they ask the questions in a way that is almost trying to trick you....    Anyway.  Alexis is really enjoying school, and she is doing very well.  She has a A in most of her classes and in Math she is working really hard to get it to a A.  I know she will get it! 
It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that all my girls could fit in these matching dresses.  Time goes way to fast.  Brytlee is wearing Elizabeth's old dress and Adison is wearing Brytlee's old dress. 
Alexis had a crazy outfit day or something like that.  ( I can't remember what they called it)  But she has on four skirts and looked pretty funny!
Brtylee looking adorable!  I just love my girls so much and I am so thankful for them all.  They are such wonderful girls and I love being their mom. 

No comments: