Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What makes you look old?





I have been thinking a lot about why I look older? Have I really changed that much? I look in the mirror and I don't see that big of a difference? So why is it that three years ago people would ask me how old I was, and then guess I was 18??? And now when people ask how old I am, they guess I am 30? I don't know if it is because I am turning 28 this year and I thought up till a couple of days ago I was going to be 26...... (Ryan had to tell me how old I really was) But I feel a little weird about my age? I feel like I should still be just out of High School.... but that was 10 years ago!!!!! That is so crazy to me! I see all the High School kids now, and they all look like baby's to me. They are so little.... and even kids in College look 16. So I guess that is a sign that I am getting older.
I was playing volleyball the other day and a young checha gave me a comment like I did pretty good for a old lady.... I didn't really know what to say.
I think that that time has gone so fast and don't really think it will slow down any time soon.

5 comments:

Robison's said...

I totally know what your saying. The other day Benson asked if I was a hundred years old. I was actually taken back by it. I don't feel old. I just don't want to hit 30....

Lower Fam said...

I think the same thing all the time. When did I get to be "that old lady" It kinda sucks.

Bunderson Family said...

I agree with everything you said in this post!!! I hate being 27, but I feel like I am still just out of high school. It makes it easier that I work with that age group; but man, it is hard to get older!!

Michelle W. Nate said...

I think you look great! It is a harsh reality that we get older and accepting that our skin changes as well as the shape of us changes, etc. I'll tell you what it hit hard for me not too long ago when my little boy looked at the photo album and asked when I was going to be straight again. (meaning I am round and not straight anymore) Yep...sad day for me.

charm said...

So funny!... and sooooo true! I keep thinking I'm 25, but I'm 26 (only for a couple more months). And, those highschool/college kids DO look like little pip-squeaks!!