Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

We had a great Mothers day weekend. We all went to Idaho Falls and stayed with my family for two nights. Saturday afternoon my friend Shalee had a baby shower that my mom and I went to together. It was a great shower, and a lot of my friends were there. It was really nice to get some time with no kids, and just talk with Adults. I have such a great group of friends, and I wish that I could spend more time with them! Most of them live close and get together with their kids but I only make it to the showers and other partys we have. But every time I get together with them, I can just pick up where we left off! They are all so great!


Shalee is going to have her baby in five weeks. She is so tiny!
The girls went outside and had a little tea party Sunday afternoon. They had such a great time at Grandma and Grandpa Merrill's house.

Alexis has become a pyromaniac!!! She loves camp fires. She begs and begs for a fire every night. So of course when she is at Grandma and Grandpa's house she gets everything she wants. My dad is so nice. He had then roast marshmallows and everything.
The night we arrived my mom asked the girls if they wanted anything. (it was 9:00 at night) and Lizzy shouts out that she wants cookies. So my mom just whips out a batch of cookies for them. My Parents are so great, I just love them so much!!!


Saturday after Shalee's Baby shower my mom and I were able to go shopping and spend time together with just the two of us. It was such a great day, and I enjoyed every minute of it. We went to so many stores and just looked around at everything. We had some great laughs, and talked. I was so happy that I was able to have my Mom all to myself on Mothers day weekend. I don't get to spend as much time with her as I want to, and so it means a lot to me when we get to have time together. I have such a wonderful Mother and I love her so much. She is one of my best friends, and I have so much fun with her.
And Thank you Ryan and Dad for watching the girls all day so that we could have a great day out. I think that some day's you need to spend a little time away for yourself so you can go home and be a even better mom!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Everyone looks super cute! I didn't know Lacee was having another baby, how fun. When is she due? I think your girls have their Grandpa wrapped around their little fingers...as it should be!

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

Thats funny that she likes fire so much! I wish i would have taken my camera to the shower maybe you could send me some.......hint hint! It was fun seeing you Take care!