So I have become a coupon shopper, and I am now a believer. But there are tricks to it.... You don't really save a lot of money if you only have one coupon, and only buy one item.... so the trick is to do the PYP (pinch your pennies) if you have not heard of that, it is when your local newspaper sends you five of every Sundays paper, and that way you get five of every coupon. And the other trick is to save your coupons for the sales. So if you have a coupon for a cereal for 75 cents off, and when it goes on sale for 1.00, you can buy the cereal for 25 cents.... Also a huge helper is you can print your coupons online at the web site at the bottom. (you can only print two coupons per computer, but if you have a couple computers you can print four or more of every coupon)
This all sounds so hard and complicated, but it gets easy once you go a few times and figure it out a little.
The biggest key is this!
Go to grocerysmarts.com then it will ask you for a password and you can use min, it is g84rcm. After you do that it will ask you for your area, and which store you want to see the sales for. (the one I look at the most is Albertsons) then you print of the list, and highlight what you are interested on buying. Also it will tell you what it is on sale for, and also in the right side it will tell you what it will be with a coupon. That lets you know if it is a great deal or not, and after you see that you can buy gushers for 60 cents, you might buy more than you would have before.
There are a ton of tricks about this like if the coupon is for Kix cereal, you don't have to use it for just kix, you can use it for any general mills brand, and the same goes for all the coupons.. It isn't what is on the coupon, it is the brand itself.,
I hope this helps
so go to
grocerysmarts.com and remember the password After you have loged in, you can save it under you favorites, and then you don't have to sign in every time.
7 comments:
its nice to see another cupon shopper like myself! You probably already know this but today at ALbertsons you can buy up to 10 bottles of sprite products and only pay tax. they have the cupons at the store. only while supplies last. im leaving right now!
by the way, this is richs wife, Lindsay. cute blog.
Jill I'm totally going to try this. I'm excited to see how much money I can save! Thanks for the info.
also do you care if I call you with any questions or email you? I know I will have some. My email is nstucki@gmail.com. Thanks Jill!
Hey Jill thanks for all the great information. I've heard a lot of stories about coupon shopping. I just didn't know where to start. Thanks for the advice. I will be emailing you if I have questions. Thanks.
Hey Jill..Its great to get other savings ideas. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person with my coupon wallet out scanning through my coupons while I am shopping. The only thing I hate about the online coupons is that WINCO doesn't except them. So that puts a monkey wrench into my shopping sometimes. Something great that is going on right now is some sales at target on their bulk house supplies. Pair those sales up with your coupons and it works great.
Also I don't know if you have a good coupon wallet or not but I am going to post a picture of mine. It is so simple and very low cost to make. And it makes me happy that is fits in my purse so well!
hi Jill I had to go private all of the sudden. So if you will please have Ryan text lance's phone and leave your email so I can invite you that would be great.
I had a guy that was leaving some creepy comments. Thanks
Thanks a heap Jill. I must admit, I have never done any coupon shopping before, but I am going to start because I want to throw up every time I go to the grocery store! Thanks for always having such good information!
Post a Comment