Monday, April 13, 2015

We had conference on Easter Sunday and I loved listening to it.  It is such a great refresher and just makes me feel so good every time I get to listen to it.  I can't say I had a favorite talk this time because they were all so great.  I was reading my moms blog and I loved what she wrote about conference and what she got from it and so I had to copy it and share.

Highlights from Conference (some of the things I caught)
·        There are so many blessing from paying a fast offering; righteousness and closeness to the Lord, receive inspiration, and resist temptation.  Can change our nature, to serve and help others.
·        The Atonement is individual; accept the Atonement and our pains can be lessened.
·        Fatherhood is the most important call for a man.  We should rejoice in the successes of our companion.  We can strengthen our marriage by praising; praying for each other, stop hurtful things, apologize for hurts and chose to be happy.
·        Look at the ‘big’ picture, don’t use the keyhole view.  Don’t be a ‘gifted pickle sucker’.  Don’t be material and set our hearts upon riches.  Don’t have a fear of the future, have faith.  Align our actions and have hope, not doubt. Each day is our test, choose to believe and follow, don’t give up!
·        Our families can be forever, we continue through eternity.  Strengthen the family, it is God ordained.  
·        Faith in Christ takes away fear; Jesus is the source of enduring peace.  Trust leads to hope.  Look to Christ in everything, build upon the foundation of Christ, and press forward.  Godly fear is a reverence, respect, awe, submitting and being accountable in loving and trusting Him.  Christ compensates for all our losses!
·        We need to keep our lives on the right frequency to hear the music of the gospel and not get out of tune, dance in our homes in love, kindness, meekness, patience, and keep practicing!
·        A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying.  No failure ever needs to be final.  We are becoming who we can be, not who we used to be.
·        The Temple is a sacred place of peace and sanctuary; it will help us with temptations and trials.
·        Four cornerstones to religion freedom or liberty:
1.      Freedom to believe
2.      Freedom to share faith with others
3.      Freedom to form a religious organization
4.      Freedom to live our faith; safeguard for ourselves and posterity
·        We must endure to the end.  Rules to enduring:  Don’t forget to pray, come to Christ and be perfected in Him, Press forward  with faith, Read the Book of Mormon, cling to truth and don’t let trials blind us, Don’t be distracted or deceived, Stay by the TREE!
·        Average is the enemy of excellence!
·        We have responsibilities as members of the Church
1.      Learn our duty, accept and live
2.      Make a decision, choose good
3.      Act accordingly
4.      Accept Father’s will


I love reading my parents blog each week and seeing the things they are learning, doing and feeling.  They are so in touch with the spirit and are such great examples to me and my family.  I know what they are doing is the most important thing they could be doing right now.  Even though I miss them so much, I know that it will go fast and I know that my family is already seeing the blessings from their service.  I have an amazing family, and I belong to an amazing Church.  I am so thankful for both in my life and know that they are the things that bring me the most happiness.

No comments: