Thursday, June 3, 2010

My baby is one year older


Alexis had a wonderful birthday this year and was so spoiled by all the people who love her so much!
She picked out this cake from a book and I tried my best to do it..... for some reason the frosting was really runny so it didn't stay the way it was suppose to, but she loved it anyway. (she is so artistic and very good at coloring so that is why she wanted to have a crayon cake :)

Ryan and I bought her a locket for one of her birthday presents and put a picture of herself in it. It has CTR on the front of it and I loved it because she is 8 now and will be getting baptized so I told her that when she was tempted to make a bad choice to look at her locked and remember to CTR, and also look inside and remember that you are a child of God! (she really loved the locket because it reminded her of Annie)


For Alexis's birthday party we went to the movie "Shrek the final chapter" with all her family and our best friends the Marlows.



We all loved the movie!

After the movie we went to Golden C0rral to eat and do presents and cake.
Ty walked in and saw all the presents and said, "Wow Alexis, this is looking pretty good"!
It was really funny!



After we ate she was able to invite her BFF Ahslynn over for her very first sleep over.
I love Alexis so much and she is such a great girl! I wanted to write 8 things about Alexis.
1. Alexis is so creative and loves to make crafts and color and make things beautiful
2. She is such a great big sister, and such a great example for her younger sisters
3. She loves to cuddle with me, and is very loving
4. She loves to read and when she gets into a book she wants to read it until it is done!
5. She loves animals and wants to take care of them and be around them all the time
6. she is a very good friend and is faithful and caring to them no matter what
7. when you give her a something to do she always does a great job
8. Alexis loves to play and will play with anyone. She doesn't play by herself but has a great imagination when she is playing with her sisters and friends.
Alexis is so great and I don't know what I would do without her. She always tells me that it isn't fair that she has to go to school and she misses me because she doesn't get to be with me very much and so I am so glad that we get to hang out together this summer and spend a lot of time together...I just remembered one more thing,
9. Alexis always makes sure we are doing what is right, if we forget about family home evening she will make sure we get it done, or if we forget to read scriptures she will also make sure we get it done. If anyone says anything they shouldn't she will let them know (even if it is Grandma and Grandpa and they had no idea what they said was bad)

No comments: