Monday, June 7, 2010

Great to be Eight

We had a very wonderful weekend! Alexis was baptized by her dad on June 5 at 9:30 a.m. Because it was so early in the morning my parents and a few of my other family members came and spent the night so they wouldn't have to wake up so early. My girls were so excited to have the Merrill family come and stay with us and my parents brought there camper so they were so excited to sleep out in the camper. (so excited they stayed up until 12:30 that night) I had to go and get them and put them to bed so they would be able to wake up on time for the baptism.
Alexis looked so beautiful in her new baptism dress!


Brytlee loves her cousin Cache!




We had such a great turn out for the Lunch! My parents brought the tent cover and most of the tables and chairs and pretty much everything else we had to set up! I am so glad they came so prepared to help us out with the party! There was so much yummy food, and so many people that we love!







Ryan went out to the airport and a baby bird fell 20 ft from the beams and it lived.... so he brought it home to show the girls and it died later that night.... we tried to feed it and keep it warm but I didn't know what else to do for it... I felt so sad that it died and was so mad at Ryan for bringing it home.... (better if I don't know)
We put all the men to work after the party and they framed up our front porch. Tanner was such a great helper and worked so hard. He is so shy when I went to take his picture he was running to hide.

My dad is so cute! I just love him to pieces!!! He is so giving and there isn't anything he wouldn't do for any of his children!!!! He is the perfect example for all of us!


I am so excited about the arches, they look so great! Thank you to everyone who helped us and to everyone who came to celebrate this wonderful day with Alexis! And thank you to all of you who brought the yummy food for us to eat! We love you all so much!!!!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day for a beautiful girl. Her dress was pretty! Your house is looking great too!

Emily said...

Wow I can't believe you have an 8 yr old! I haven't even been married 8 yrs yet. Alexis looks beautiful. That dress is gorgeous. And how exciting to be so far along on your house!

Gavin and Natalie said...

What a fun day! I can't believe your little girl is old enough to be baptized! Crazy! Jill, your house is beautiful! I bet you are so antsy to get all moved in! How fun! It looks like one of those homes that everyone dreams of moving into. :) Yay! My friend gets to be one that gets to! haha.

Love ya!