Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tessa Helen Merrill

My brother Chris and his Wife Cindy had their baby today. It did not go as planned and they had a little bit of trouble getting her here. Cindy was started on pit this morning and later found out that the baby's cord had dropped into the birth canal and was being pinched so the baby was not getting enough oxygen. They had a great nurse who pushed the baby's head up to help get her the oxygen she needed while they did an emergency c-section. They went in so fast that Chris did not get to go in at all. I feel so bad that they didn't have a normal delivery for their first baby, but I am so glad that little Tessa is here and she is safe and sound. She is 6 lbs. and 12 oz. and 21 inches long and looks just like her mom.

6 comments:

Gavin and Natalie said...

That is so scary! Congrats Chris!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Paula said...

I've talked to your mom and Sue today! I'm so glad she's here. She is beautiful!

Briggs Family said...

Congrats Cindy & Chris. I'm glad she is okay though. Jill I loved your hair crimped. Your girls are so cute. I hope I can have a girl someday.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

What a beautiful baby! Glad that she arrived safely, too! And I love the name Tessa. Congrats.

charm said...

I'm glad you posted some pics of sweet little Tessa! As much as it was such a terrifying experience for the first one, they truly are SOOOO BLESSED, aren't they? If they hadn't had that nurse, been in that hospital, etc... it could've been a lot worse!! I can't wait 'til she's home and safe. Sweet, sweet baby. They're going to be awesome parents!

Fully Invested said...

I'm happy things turned out well. Rough, but she's beautiful!
DEJA